Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In with the new year out with the old one

2011 went by fast! So fast in fact that I don't remember most of it and what I do remember wasn't good...so ya know I wish I could forget that part!

So here's what I know so far about 2012:

All of the presidential candidates graduated from clown college. I know this because they are all a big joke!

My husband has defined a new word for procrastination. It's called procrastidon't. That's when you procrastinate to the point that it just doesn't happen. As in my husband is so far past procrastination that he's a procrastidon't. Yes it's my word and I've created it and defined it expressly for him!

I have a new "martha stewart" project. I'm going to use these butt ugly plastic crates and cover them with fabric to re-purpose them into sweater bins in the hopes that it will contain the clothing clutter in every one's closets. I mean sweaters just take up sooo much room in the drawers it would be nice to have a way to contain them without just leaving them sitting on a closet shelf.

My stepson seems pretty determined to live with us. I'm not sure why since he seems to have a hard grasp of rights vs. responsibilities and privilege vs. needs. This I do know there is no way given the balance in our household and the hard won peace that I'm prepared or ready to have him living with us full time. I really believe there is a point where parenting leaves off and guidance takes over so whatever parenting was going to happen would have to have been done by the time the child is 13. After that it's an act of God or Divine Intervention to change what someone else has done to that child. In short my stepson is way too much his step dads brainwashed automaton for me to even want to take on that challenge. The only problem is as long as I'm married to my husband I really don't have a choice and if he's going to be around my sons I'd rather be there to oversee the interactions between them so I can correct them when needed. What is that Elizabeth calls those "teachable moments"?  Yeeaaahh I had plenty of those moments over the winter break! It's just mind boggling to me that he wants to live with us when before he never seemed to care one way or the other and I'm a disciplinarian I believe in consequences for your actions both good and bad. So IDK go figure..I guess it's true what they say and children crave discipline.

Gavin will be six years old this year! I don't know where the time went but I've got a ton of pictures to look back on. This year I've decided no birthday party. I think it's important to realize what you're good at and what you're not good at. I'm not a social butterfly or a party person. I don't enjoy planning those things they stress me out and leave me feeling exhausted by the end of it. This year I have a different plan instead of a birthday party I'm going to let him invite two of his friends over for a wii game night. They can come dressed in their pj's, have pizza and apps, and play the wii till their parents pick them up at like idk what 9 or 10? No party, no fuss, no muss, but it's still a celebration :-) !!

Andrea is getting her drivers permit next week! You know unless her dad decides to be a procrastidon't and not get her birth certificate. That girl is very excited to drive and I'm just as determined to NOT be in the car with her when she does. I don't even want to think about her turning 16 this year and being able to legally drive!

Magnus will be 3 in July which means he'll be starting preschool in August. My littlest baby is growing up as well :-( I know he'll love school though so I'm excited for him to reach that milestone and feel like a "big boy".

Some of my favorite kidsaying's from 2011:

Magnus: Mommy I love you but I not a baby.
I love you more when you give me candy.
Back off me bro I'm Magnus!!
Co..co..come at me bro!
I Pastor! You give me that now!

Gavin: Life in time out sucks.
I'm not coming out from under this desk till you teach me something.
Liking you and loving you are not the same thing! (wiser words were never spoken)
My all time favorite because it demonstrated to me that he IS listening when I talk was the explanation he gave his 12 year old stepbrother in the car about why I wouldn't allow war games in the house: Gavin to his stepbrother: You can't play those games in our house because Magnus and I are little kids and we have young developing minds that shouldn't be exposed to that much violence, bad words, and inappropriate content.

Andrea: Said while explaining venereal diseases to me and my younger sister Lafon on her visit up here: That stuff is broken yo! If you have sex you'll be broken and then you'll have kids and they'll be broken! So If you have those diseases you need to keep that stuff to yourself and remove yourself from the gene pool.
Said while explaining a scary cartoon: That stuff is Pixelated!!
Why do all home wrecking hoe's seem to be named Lisa?

That's it for 2011 folks here's hoping 2012 brings us closer to whatever our goals may be.





3 comments:

  1. LOVE the recap, especially the sayings!! Good luck with the stepson situation. I cannot imagine taking on someone else's creation midway. God has a calling for you and these kids. If you remember that when you stand in Heaven and are accountable this is the stuff that will matter. At least that is what is keeping me sane when they are CRAZY here. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Andrea sounds like my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. well I don't know what kind of "play dates" you have for teenagers or even if you do but if you ever wanna get your girls and mine together just say the word cause I need andrea to make some friends seriously

    ReplyDelete